this post includes affiliate links.
Are you new here? Let me introduce myself to you. My name is Nell, but you probably figured that out already. What you likely don’t know is that I’m a chronic illness warrior and lifelong grateful girl. You’d think the two wouldn’t go hand-in-hand but they can and they do. Sometimes writing down what we’re thankful for is a great way to jump-start a grateful mindset. I’ve put together some gratitude journal prompts I think could be helpful in your own thankful journey through life, no matter what you’re facing, or have faced. I hope you enjoy!
Gratitude Journal Prompts
- What tradition in your childhood, or your current adult life, are you most grateful for and why?
- What is something you bought recently that you’re thankful for and why?
- What hard thing in your life taught you a valuable lesson and what was that lesson? How has it shaped how you are today?
- What part of your body are your grateful for?
- What part of your personality are you thankful for?
- Who is the person in your life that you’re most grateful for and why?
- What song has brought your joy or comfort that you’re thankful for when you hear it and why?
- What part of nature makes your soul happy and why?
- What trait are you proud of and why? For example, you have a smart math brain, you’re creative, you are compassionate etc.
- What accomplishment are you most proud of?
- What was your best day this week and why?
- What about the place your currently reside in (home/apt) are you most grateful for and why?
- What about the city you live in makes you the happiest and why?
- What’s something that makes you feel safe and loved?
- What’s one memory from your childhood that makes you smile?
- What is the favorite thing you see in yourself when looking in the mirror? Could be physical or not.
- What is something you’ve learned from a relationship, either good or bad, that has shaped you in a positive way?
- What season are you most grateful for and why?
- In your phone right now, what picture brings you the most joy and why?
- What is something nice someone has done for you this week?
- What is something nice you’ve done for someone this week?
- What dream have you had this week that stuck with you and brought joy when you woke up?
- What are your favorite qualities in people and how can you use those in your own life?
- What do you really appreciate about your life? Go deep, think on this, the little things, the big things.
- Name 3 things you do really well. Could be things like, your job, or things like, you’re full of empathy for people.
This is a good start to bring a sense of gratitude and thankfulness into your day and make gratitude just part of your outlook on life and your personality.
I recommend getting some sort of journal and making this part of your daily life. Make it fun too. Set the mood with some hot tea, a cozy blanket, maybe a diffuser going with your favorite scent, a favorite pen etc.
Some Journaling Products You May Like
If you have any prompts you use and love I’d love to hear about them in the comments below! Happy gratitude journaling!
PIN FOR LATER